In Times of Loss
Offering Support at Your Time of Loss
At a time of loss, there are many decisions to be made and plans to arrange. You, as the bereaved family, will be burdened with questions and problems that you may have never been confronted with before. We can offer you our assistance in this trying time.
Find out more about the extensive services we offer, the documents we can process for you and the necessary formalities we handle, and how much you can expect to pay, by clicking below.
We will inform you in detail about:
What To Do in the Event of a Death?
f a death occurs outside of a medical facility immediately contact a doctor. Your next phone call should be to Greener Pastures Funeral Home so we can take care of all of the formalities involved. The paperwork involved when a loved one dies can unfortunately be very confusing. Therefore, as your professional funeral director we will take care of obtaining and reporting all necessary paperwork including a death certificate and burial certificate.
Let Us Take Care of the Formalities
It is usually best to rely on an experienced funeral director to make these arrangements for you. Call us at 678 7096117 to find out how we can assist you.
Mourning in Peace
Greener Pastures Funeral Home will attend to all of the responsibilities confronting you during your time of loss. We will answer any questions you may have about the funeral, and support you during your time of grief. All of our services are provided in close coordination with you and in accordance with your exact wishes.
Services we provide to support you in your time of loss include:
- Transportation of the deceased
- Embalming, dressing and casket service
- Retention of the body at your house or in the funeral home
- Organization of the funeral service
- Taking care of formalities such as death certificates, vital records and burial permits
- Making funeral arrangements and assisting with invitations
- Publishing obituaries in the local papers
- Arranging for a clergyman or other public speaker
- Organizing a wake
- Helping select a casket or urn design
- Arrangement of other services such as florists, organ players, cemetery maintenance and stone cutting
- Decoration and maintenance of the grave site
- Provision of a guestbook for funeral services
- Grief counseling
- Assisting with the execution of wills
They will be by your side to advise you and give you room and time to work through the process of grieving. Just give us a call at 678 7096117 or send us an email
Unpleasant, but Unavoidable: Formalities and Paperwork
When a loved one dies, those left behind are confronted with many formalities. At Greener Pastures Funeral Home we are here to help you with words and deeds. After all, we know the importance of the process of mourning and will do our best to allow you to say goodbye to your loved one in peace.
A sample of the services we provide on request:
- Ordering copies of death certificates and obtaining death records from the Office of Vital Records
- Selecting a burial site and obtaining a burial permit
- Scheduling a clergyman or other public speaker for the funeral service
- Notifying the health insurance company of the death and applying for any applicable benefits
- Notifying retirement funds of the death and applying for a continuation of retirement payments in advance of the widow’s or widower’s retirement plan
- Notifying employers
- Deregistration from local authorities, retirement plans etc.
- Registering the deceased for the “do not call list” to avoid unsolicited advertisements
- Filing for life insurance claims
In order to be able to handle official tasks for you, we need the following documents:
- Identification of the deceased (passport, driver’s license, state ID card, etc.)
- For singles or minors: a certified birth certificate copy
- For married couples: a certified marriage certificate copy
- For divorced couples: a legal divorce decree or certified copy of an excerpt from Vital Records
- For widowers: a certified copy of an excerpt from Vital Records showing the spouse has died, or a certified marriage certificate copy and the spouse’s death certificate
- Insurance card from the respective health insurance company
- Notice of retirement benefits (insurance policy number), if already retired
- Other insurance policy documents, e.g. life insurance
- Membership or contribution records from other associations, unions and organizations granting death benefits or assistance
- Preplanned funeral agreements, if available
- Last will or deposit certificate for the local court or notary
- A burial certificate, if available
- Bequest agreement for maintenance of the grave site, if available
- All documents issued by a physician, especially the death certificate
If official documents have been lost, we will obtain new copies of them for you.
Unpleasant, but Unavoidable: The Issue of Cost
The costs of a funeral can vary widely, as they always depend more on the personal wishes of the deceased than of next of kin. Also, it is important to remember that funeral costs are made up of many individual factors. A basic distinction is made between funeral home costs (our own services) and the costs of additional services and expenses (third-party expenses).
The costs incurred for a funeral include:
- The services provided by the funeral home, e.g. the costs of the casket, casket lining, transportation of the deceased, dressing and placement in the casket, preparing the funeral service and decoration of the funeral home, casket or urn
- Expenses for third-party services, e.g. notary copies, death certificates from the Office of Vital Records, physician expenses (examination and issuance of the death certificate), obituaries and floral arrangements
- Administrative costs, e.g. grave maintenance, burial permit and chapel services
- Costs associated with a burial site, e.g. stone cutters and gardeners, grave enclosures, grave markers and plants
It is our goal at Greener Pastures Funeral Home to make the total funeral costs as comprehensive and transparent as possible. However, it is not possible for us to offer an all-inclusive price; rather, we must work closely with you and take your personal wishes and desires into account.
Therefore, a serious funeral service institution such as ours always takes the time to discuss everything with you in detail. Only then is it possible to provide you with a fair and comprehensive estimate of the costs.
Do you still have questions?
Our staff would be honored to help you. Call at 678-709-6117 or send us an email.